Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 1 minute
- 110g can smoked mackerel, flaked
- 1 tortilla wrap
- 1tsp light mayonnaise
- Few snips of chives
- 4 baby gem lettuce leaves
To make this super simple (but scarily spooky) snack…
- Slice the tortilla wrap into long, thin strips about 5mm wide.
- Mash the mackerel and shape into 4 ‘mummies’. Gently wrap the tortilla strips around each mummy, folding the ends underneath and leaving space for the eyes.
- Pipe 2 small dollops of mayonnaise onto each ‘mummy’ to make the eyes and top each with a small piece of chive. Serve each on a lettuce leaf.
Tip: Toasting your ‘mummies’ in a hot, dry frying pan for 20 seconds on each side will firm up the wrap and give them an authentic aged look. As an alternative to mayonnaise, use low-fat soft cheese, soured cream or tomato ketchup.
For Hallowe’en, decorate with eyeballs, spiders and cobwebs and your spooky scene will be ghoulishly great!