Mackerel fillets in Teriyaki sauce with pak choi and chilli
Prep time: 1 minute
Cooking time: 16-20 minutes
- 3 cans 125g can Mackerel Fillets in Teriyaki Sauce
- 2 Red chillies (finely chopped)
- 2 bulbs of Pak Choi (remove ends, separate stalks, cut off leaves and shred, finely chop/slice stalks.
- 300g Easy Cook Long Grain & Wild Rice(75g per person)
- 1/2tbsp Olive Oil for stir frying
- Fresh black Pepper
• Open can of Mackerel Fillets and empty contents into a microwaveable container. Break/separate fillets into bite size pieces. Keep chilled until ready to heat
• Place the rice into a sieve and rinse well in running cold water. Add a pinch of salt (if required) to a large pan of boiling water. Add rice and return to the boil. Stir once then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 18 minutes or until rice is tender. Drain in a sieve, rinse through with boiling water. Keep warm.
• Heat Mackerel Fillets in microwave for 2-3 minutes (depending on microwave) until they are piping hot.
• On a high heat, in a wok or deep pan, add olive oil, stir fry chopped chillies, fry briskly, then add pak choi root, fry briskly, finally add shredded leaves, keep stirring for a few seconds.
• Finally in a warm shallow dish, firstly layer cooked warm rice, then add a layer of Mackerel and Teriyaki sauce, a layer of stir fry mix, keep layering and finish with a layer of rice, then Mackerel Fillets, finally with the pak choi and chillies to give the bright green and red colours to the dish.
• Serve with green salad and fresh bread.
Recipe: Fish is the Dish, www.fishisthedish.co.uk