Prep time: 7 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
Skill level: Easy Peasy
Recipe by: Morrisons
The perfect snack, lunch or starter, this Italian seafood dish tastes marvellous and is easy to make.
- 12 slices baguette, each about 2cm thick
- 110g can Morrisons The Best Scottish Smoked Mackerel Strips with Black Pepper
- 3 ripe tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- ½ small bunch parsley, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- Lemon juice, to taste, plus wedges to serve
- Black pepper
- Preheat the grill to medium.
- Drizzle a little of the oil from the can of mackerel over the baguette slices. Place under the grill for a few minutes (garlic and oil side up), until lightly toasted (make sure they don’t burn).
- Combine the tomatoes, onion, parsley and garlic. Add lemon juice to taste and the remaining oil from the canned mackerel. Break the mackerel fillets into small pieces.
- Top the toasted baguette slices with the tomato mixture, followed by the mackerel. Finish with a grind of black pepper, and serve with the lemon wedges.
Recipe courtesy of Fish is the Dish. See more recipes at www.fishisthedish.co.uk